As soon as I saw this aircraft flying around my hotel in Madrid last summer, I have wanted to model this aircraft.
The Polikarpov I-16 Rata was a Russian fighter aircraft from the 1930’s. It was used during the Spanish Civil War, and also during WWII.
- Crew: One
- Length: 6.13 m (20 ft 1 in)
- Wingspan: 9 m (29 ft 6 in)
- Height: 3.25 m (10 ft 8 in)
- Empty weight: 1,490 kg (3,285 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 2,095 kg (4,619 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Shvetsov M-63 supercharged radial engine 820 kW (1,100 hp)
- Maximum speed: 525 km/h (283 kn, 326 mph) at 3,000 m (9,845 ft)
- Range: 700 km (378 nmi, 435 mi (with drop tanks))
- Service ceiling: 9,700 m (31,825 ft)
- Rate of climb: 14.7 m/s (2,900 ft/min)
- 2 × fixed forward-firing 7.62 mm (0.30 in) ShKAS machine guns.
- 2 × fixed forward-firing 20 mm (0.79 in) ShVAK cannons.
- 6 × unguided RS-82 rockets or up to 500 kg (1,102 lb) of bombs
hello from Belgium ,
sorry for the English it’s from school and i’m 60 years old
we loved the russian Airplane ( my wife was Russian ) PO2 , IL15 Mig3 and try to found the plan of the Rata.
it’s very difficult to found those plan , if you have something about this plane can you follow near us.
thanks for your respons
regards from Belgium
Natalia and jean michel
Hi Natalia and Jean-Michel,
Of course I can help you out. Please see your private e-mail.
Hiya bud, greetings from down under. Beautiful plane, always loved them. I gree with Natalia & Jean Michel… it’s very difficult to find any plans for this aircraft. Any chance you can help me out? I would like to get o e flying here in Australia
I would love to buy a set of plans if they are available. Please advise.
Hi. Have You completed these plans yet? I would be happy to purchase a set.
Kind Regards Trev.
Is there any chance to get a copy of the reel plans you have of the airframe and airfoil?
Best regards Alexander Olsson Sweden